‘Interest at the bottom’ – Bournemouth fans debate winger’s transfer value amid Leicester City link
Leicester City are among a group of clubs to be linked with a move by exciting Bournemouth winger Arnaut Danjuma this summer.
The Dutchman looks set to leave the Cherries after missing a return to the Premier League by losing to Brentford in the play-offs.
Foxes, West Ham United, Southampton, Brighton and Wolverhampton Wanderers are among Premier League clubs linked to Danjuma, while Lyon and Wolfsburg are also said to have an interest in the 24-year-old, who scored 17 goals last season.
After paying Club Brugge around £ 13.7million for Danjuma in 2019, Cherries are said to want at least £ 20million.
Danjuma is very popular with Bournemouth fans. Here’s a recap of what they’ve said about him and his future since the end of the season.
- “He should be our best-selling player. 40m + and he should carefully decide on the best club for himself. Of the 5 (clubs) mentioned, there are only 2 that I would consider.
- “I think a player like Danjuma offers a bit more than your traditional striker though… He has scored 17 goals out of 37 appearances this season, and I imagine his assists are also good. He can play high and more efficiently. , from the left wing. Ollie Watkins (also inexperienced at PL level) went to Villa for £ 28million, rising to £ 33million, so I would absolutely expect around £ 25million, or at least £ 20million with sale and additions. He’s the only certainty that will make a decent profit, so we have to take advantage of that. “
We want your perspective, City fans. You can get even more involved in our live coverage of Leicester City by signing up to unlock a host of additional features – such as commenting and joining the discussion on all of our stories, as well as participating in special Q&A where you can match. directly with our Foxes writer Jordan Blackwell on the latest news and discussions on transfers from King Power Stadium and beyond. Just click here to get started.
- “About the only one who has shone this season and deserves top league interest.”
- “The point is, Danjuma has had a great season, but he rarely shone as a prime minister, he came down from a league and was brilliant. We’ll get twenty million at best, I think, which might be worth more, it’s up to the player to decide if he stays or leaves and how much we want to keep him.
- “He didn’t shine in PL mainly because he was hardly ever in good shape. If Danjuma and Brooks had been 1/2 or 2/3 of the season, would we have been relegated? I really doubt it. People forget the scale of the mid-season injury crisis when we lost the games to our last 6 rivals. “